Cougar Quest Guidelines
Rules and Regulations
- Inappropriate or offensive behavior, including willful damage to property, will not be tolerated at any time. Participants will be responsible for the cost of any damages that they incur.
- Any use of alcohol and/or drugs (except authorized medications), or weapons of
any sort will lead to an immediate
dismissal of a Cougar Quest
participant with no refund.
- Smoking will not be allowed during this
who drive to the program,
will be required to give their car keys to the Director. Participant cars will remain
legally parked until the camp ends on Friday afternoon.Participants with a car are required to purchase a parking permit for their car.
- Participants will dress modestly and appropriately at all times. Please do not wear any clothing that is midriff-baring or allows others to view undergarments. Those dressed innappropriately will be asked to change or provided with alternative clothing.
- For participants who are under 18 years of age, a permission slip from a parent is required for prescription medication.
- All participants of the Cougar Quest program must be respectful of the counselors, each other, and workshop instructors throughout the program.
- Observe the curfew hours that have been established. Participants must remain on their assigned floors between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Participate fully in each scheduled event with enthusiasm. Participation is required; however, if there are problems, please talk to one of the counselors.
- Be punctual. You need to plan ahead to be ready to go to each event on time.
- During their period of participation in Cougar Quest, students may not receive visitors on campus without parental approval. Please contact the Cougar Quest staff at 509.335.1235 to arrange any visitation during your child’s Cougar Quest week. Drop in visits are strongly discouraged, as the program has a tight and full schedule of activities from the day’s beginning, to day’s end.
- Pets are not allowed on campus, except when required to assist persons with disabilities. Please contact the Cougar Quest staff prior to Cougar Quest at 509.335.1235 if you need to make such arrangements.
- Skateboards and inline skates and any use of these items are not permitted on campus per University policy.
- Room checks will be held each night after lights out. Students are not allowed to leave their floor at any time after the room check.
- Students will not be allowed on the floor or in the room of a member of the opposite sex at any time in the residence hall. The residence halls have spacious lounges available for monitored, inter-gender socializing.
- Parents or authorized persons must check-out their student at the end of camp on Friday. Unathorized people - those not listed on the "Travel Plans" form - will not be eligible to take the student.
- Room keys must be turned in at the conclusion of camp. The lost key charge is $50 and will be assessed to the parent or guardian. If you lose your key, please see your counselor at once.
- Keep your room locked at all times in order to safeguard valuables. Cougar Quest is not responsible for anything that is lost or stolen.
- Pullman has a very dry climate. Please drink plenty of fluids throughout the day!
- Maintain a clean residence hall room! Your room will be inspected prior to leaving on Friday.
- Have Fun! Make Friends!
- Be ready to make suggestions so that next year's program will be even better.